Re: Software Piracy (WAS: Good/bad docs)

Subject: Re: Software Piracy (WAS: Good/bad docs)
From: George Mena <zorba -at- BAYPLAY -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 23:29:04 -0500

Hi Barbara :D

My system at work has been on the fritz all day, so I'm only now reading
your post. :D

Reading your post, I do find it amazing the length some companies will
go to just to save a buck. For a company to buy enough copies of Office
yet not pay for the user manuals is truly lame of them. Companies like
this should be hounded out of existence for having such myopic
management. Companies like this not only fail in the long run, they
also make the lives of their sys admins that much more unbearable during
regular business hours by not letting their employees get up to speed.

Most sys admins and help desk types I know truly appreciate dealing with
people who know their way around their desktop computers. Case in
point: my own crashed computer at work. By documenting symptoms and
error messages, I was able to tell my MIS guys what was happening and
what I thought would work in terms of finding a solution. And while it
turns out I have massive damage to a lot of files, at least everyone
knows now what had to happen. :D

As far as Bill (there's a reason it's called micro-Soft ;) ) goes, I
can't wait to read the code listing for Windows 95 after it's presented
in Federal court. :D

George

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=