Re: Dividing the Tech writer job

Subject: Re: Dividing the Tech writer job
From: Laurel Nelson <Laurel_Y_Nelson -at- NOTES -dot- SEAGATE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:00:41 -0500

The Documentation Girrrls (who I hope are using computers) are word
processors or desk-top publishers. *Typist* is a term that defines someone
who uses a typewriter.

For 13 years, I was a secretary, word processor, desk-top publisher, and
maybe at some point a Documentation Girrrl! I could retype someone's
handwritten text, format the document so it was a visual masterpiece, and
fix the grammar and punctuation so not even the most fastidious of editors
could find a mistake, but I could not write. I didn't learn how to write
until I went to college.

I hope that the word processors who work with Melissa wake up and smell the
roses. The type of work they do is becoming archaic, and what they need
more than anything is to learn some new skills.

Laurel
Laurel_Y_Nelson -at- notes -dot- seagate -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=