Re: Types of TWs (Was Certification...)

Subject: Re: Types of TWs (Was Certification...)
From: Christine Wilcox <christine_wilcox -at- ALBERTSONS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:00:08 -0600

Nancy Hitchcox wrote: <snip>
> I am not aware of a listserver for non-software writers and editors.
> There
> must be plenty more people like Marie and I who do techical and
> scientific
> reports, proposals and marketing materials. Maybe, like Marie, they've
> been
> lurking. Come out of hiding, folks. How many more are there who are
> not
> software writers? Come forth! Tell Marie and I we're not alone.
</snip>

We're out here! I used to work in the electronics industry, but have
recently moved on to more marketing-type writing with a department that
combines both Training and Communications. We do everything from basic
how-to instructions for our training (CBT---slightly "techie,") to
magazines, newsletters, reports, etc. I do a lot of editing for
training materials and even video scripts. I've found since I switched
jobs, I'm deleting a lot more of the traffic on this list than I've been
reading, but it's still beneficial. This is a good opportunity to find
out who else is lurking.... I've been wondering how diverse the writer
audience is.

Christine Mocaby
Communications Editor
Albertson's, Inc.
e-mail: christine_wilcox -at- albertsons -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=