Sales Manual

Subject: Sales Manual
From: Michelle Nolan <nolanmj -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:09:35 PDT

Fellow Tech Writers:

I am hoping some of you can help me. I have just received a new
contract to develop a Sales Manual for technical sales staff at a
software development firm. The manual will be used in-house only (not
for customers), and is meant to assist both new and veteran salespeople.

I am looking for your input as to what should be included in such a
document. Some things I have thought of are inserts of the company's
travel/employee policies, job descriptions, and sample scripts for
product demos. What else should I include? Also, what format/style
would you suggest I use?

I would appreciate any and all feedback on the subject. I have searched
the archives, but did not find anything helpful. You may respond to me
directly or on the list, and I will post the results.

Thank you!

Michelle Nolan
Lead Technical Writer
The Nolan Technology Group, Inc.