problems with web design -- Word 97 and Visio

Subject: problems with web design -- Word 97 and Visio
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:31:58 -0700

Hi, all,

I'm creating some documentation which will be available online and will
also be printed (for internal use only). I'm having general problems
with the process, and I think it may be software-related.

1. I've created a group of diagrams in Visio, combined them into one
file (by specifying a page size of 11x80), then saved them as HTML.
The save seems to go fine, but when I get to the point where it asks me
if I'd like to view the pages as HTML (and I say, "Yes"), it brings up
the browser window, blank, but says the document is done loading. (The
first time, it locked up my terminal and I had to turn off the power.)
Anyone have any clue as to what's happening here or had any similar
problems?

2. I've used the Webpage Wizard in Word 97 to create a web page for my
textual content. Everything looks great and seems to be working fine,
but when I try to reopen it _as a web page_ for editing, my background
has disappeared, and the choices I have for backgrounds do not include
the one I originally selected (their "professional" template).
Has anyone had a similar problem? Is it a matter of doing the whole
page in one go and never being able to make a change?

It would be really nice if the tech writing part of the job were the
difficult part instead of the "technology" which is supposed to be
making things easier for us.

I must admit that this is the first time I've used either of these
products for web page creation, so I may just be doing something wrong.
Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BJ

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=