Re: Website readability

Subject: Re: Website readability
From: Melonie Holliman <LonieH -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:04:28 EDT

Howdy,

I remember taking a class on online presentation. Online is VERY
different from print. They said to use sans-seriffed fonts (like Arial
or Helvetica). For colors: Navy, Dark Green and Maroon on a light
gray or cream background are supposed to be the gentlest on the
eyes.

That class was quite a while ago, however, I have never heard anything
to dispute it.

Melonie Holliman
mailto: LonieH -at- aol -dot- com

In a message dated 8/18/98 8:34:57 AM Central Daylight Time,
dmax -at- BELLATLANTIC -dot- NET writes:

<< "What's the best color, font (serif, or sans-serif), size for text to be
easily readable on the web?" We have long scrolling pages on our
website and I want it to be easy on our students. >>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=