Question: Raster to Vector Image

Subject: Question: Raster to Vector Image
From: Bridget M Kerr <BMKerr -at- MAIL -dot- DELCOELECT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:52:17 -0500

Bridget M Kerr -at- DELCO on 08-20-98 01:52:17 PM

I'm usually faced with the problem of trying to get a
vector (CAD) graphic into a raster (bitmap) form to put
into a publication.

However, today I've been faced with the opposite problem.
I have a graphic on paper that I need to scan into a vector
format, so it can be put into a CAD drawing and eventually
inscribed on a machine nameplate.

Does anyone out there know of any graphic editing software
that will take some bitmap line art and convert into CAD
lines and arcs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please reply to me personally at

bmkerr -at- mail -dot- delcoelect -dot- com

Thanks!

Bridget Kerr
Delphi Delco Electronics Systems

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=