Re: advice requested...

Subject: Re: advice requested...
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:15:08 -0400

The current term is "geexploitation."

The problem isn't the delay of your review (particularly since, in a later
message, you mentioned that you have had raises) it's the lack of
management. If you work 88 straight 10-15 hour days, you aren't being
managed, you are being dumped on. The central task of management is to set
priorities and balance resources. In your case, that's not happening.
Somebody has to allocate your time, and that means saying "no" to the less
important work. Maybe that person has to be you. If you are being trusted to
manage the doc department as you see fit, you are probably expected to
manage your own time and tasks.

I'm also kind of wondering if that was 88 days of working 10-15 hours a day,
or 88 days of living at the office. When the culture is very fun, some
people don't bother going home except to sleep. That's sustainable for those
without outside responsibilities. But if a writer actually spent that kind
of time on-task, I wouldn't be surprised if the documentation came out a bit
surreal. Disconnected from the less dedicated end user, at the very least.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=