Re: Time Sheets

Subject: Re: Time Sheets
From: "Linda K. Sherman" <linsherm -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 15:13:05 -0400

I've worked at three companies that made us do time sheets, and the
policies could not have been more different:

One company was only interested in the time we spent on outside
projects, so that the customers could be billed for the work.

Another wanted us to keep track of hours we worked on specific projects
and put everything else down as "overhead".

A third wanted us to bill everything to projects, even if it was really
"overhead", like cleaning your desk, taking a break, etc.

So as you can see, knowing how time sheets are filled out at other
organizations won't necessarily help you.

I suggest that you:

* Find out what the time sheets are used for.
* Talk to other employees.
* Ask your manager to help you fill out your next time sheet.

L.
--
Linda K. Sherman <linsherm -at- gte -dot- net>
Computer Consulting Services -- http://www.cti-pro.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=