Re: Document conversion; Lotus AmiPro to Word 97 - The Solution!

Subject: Re: Document conversion; Lotus AmiPro to Word 97 - The Solution!
From: "Beckton, Jon" <jbeckton -at- MHS7 -dot- TNS -dot- CO -dot- ZA>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:03:23 +0200

FYI, the simplest and most effective suggestion I received was from Jean
Weber in Australia and was as follows:

> Does AmiPro have a choice to save in Rich Text Format (RTF)? You might
have
> better luck getting Word 97 to read the RTF and keep the formatting,
> graphics, etc. (I assume AmiPro is so old that it doesn't have a way
> save as Word6 or Word95.)

This works very well, the only glitch being that it puts all the
graphics at the back of the file but it imports formats, font sizes etc
verbatim. It certainly is going to save me a lot of time and,
incidentally, stop Mr Gates' ears from burning any more than I'm sure
they do now. It just goes to show that the best solution is not always
the most obvious.

Thanks also to Morgan Johnson, Charity Tahmaseb and Mike Hiatt for their
valuable advice. I was going to try your suggestions next if Jean's
solution didn't work :-)

Jon Beckton

jbeckton -at- debeers -dot- co -dot- za
Tel +27 11 374 6596