Job opportunity, Navis Corporation (Oakland, Ca)

Subject: Job opportunity, Navis Corporation (Oakland, Ca)
From: Christopher Guthrie <cguthrie -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 12:50:25 -0800

To whom it may concern,

My company is looking for a technical writer to fill a recently vacated
position. Someone with 4 - 5 years experience (with at least 2 years
writing software documentation) as well as a working knowledge of
FrameMaker+SGML and HTML would be ideal.

Our main product is a Macintosh-based strategic planning and control system
for container terminals. We also develop an Oracle/Unix-based
container-terminal management host system.

We are a small (60 - 70 employee) privately owned company, offering an
excellent working environment. We are also conveniently located in
downtown Oakland close to BART.

This would be a good opportunity for someone interested in container
terminal and port operations, gaining experience with Unix and Oracle, or
working in a "Macintosh-friendly" environment.

Our benefits package is pretty good and the salary range, I believe, starts
at 55k.

Anyone interested in finding out more is welcome to email me at:

cguthrie -at- navis -dot- com

Interested parties can also send or fax a resume to:

Gary Fairbairn
Human Resources
Navis Corporation
tel (510) 763-5715