Re: Managing a department Intranet

Subject: Re: Managing a department Intranet
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:29:44 -0500

Can anyone recommend a book about being the Webmaster of an Intranet?
I would most like to learn some things about the technical aspects of
the Intranet, such as using servers, setting up databases, etc. If
you post personal replies, I will post a summary.

While not directly on target, O'Reilly's "Information Architecture" and
"Webmaster In A Nutshell" are useful books. They even have a fringe
benefit. ORA (O'Reilly Associates) books are generally techie-books; a
quantity of them on the shelf in your cube can sometimes gain you the
presumption of respect from an otherwise truculent techie SME. They can
sometimes serve to get you that "benefit of the doubt," that small opening
you need to open a line of communication.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=