Re: Word problems

Subject: Re: Word problems
From: Barb Ostapina <Barb -dot- Ostapina -at- EXPERIAN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:52:35 -0500

Colette,
Is it possible that you changed text formatting (from bold to not bold) for
a paragraph style (style A) upon which the other previously bold text
paragraphs (style B...) were based? I've had this "suddenly everything's
different" thing happen when I didn't realize that one paragraph style was
based on another one. You can check this in (I believe the commands are)
Format/Style.

Can't speak to the blurring, but I've had lines seem to repeat at the end
of a page (or seem to disappear) when the page contents filled the entire
page. I guess Word likes a little breathing room before the footer. It
happens especially with tables that end and start the pages. I handle it by
forcing the text on the previous page to end sooner (hard return or careful
editing).

HTH,
--B
barb -dot- ostapina -at- experian -dot- com
...speaking only for myself.

cmkel -at- ROCKETMAIL -dot- COM on 08/28/98 06:32:14 AM

Please respond to cmkel -at- ROCKETMAIL -dot- COM

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: LOMBMML Ostapina Barb/Lombard/Metromail)
Subject: Word problems

Hi everyone,
I work on Windows NT and I've been having some word 97 problems. Has
anyone experienced these:
When editing a document and entering a space or one character the
entire line blurs or repeats. Also, word decided to reverse my Bold
text in my entire document so everything that was suppose to be bold
wasn't and vice versa. Very frustrating. We don't know if this is
word, NT or our company's network problem. Any ideas. I think the
Bold problem might be an autostyle issue but I checked the help file
and I do have checked off what I'm suppose to. Thanks in advance.
Colette

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=