time sheets

Subject: time sheets
From: John Prince <prince1 -at- WEBTV -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:28:12 -0500

When I worked for a consulting firm, I was expected to not only fill out
a time sheet for every minute I worked, but to also account for how much
time I spent doing what. I understand the bottom line is $$, but this
was a bit much. In fact, it was one of the reasons I left.

I now work for a software developing firm, and it is much more laid
back. The credo here is, "Just get the job done in your allocated
time." And you know what? I produce almost twice as much as I did when
I had someone looking over my shoulder, asking me to account for every
minute of my day.

I had often heard that some people work much better with little
supervision, and I've come to learn that I am one of those people. Good
thing my boss thinks so as well. ;-)

John
http://members.tripod.com/~princej/DC.html (The Great Dallas Cowboys)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=