Re: Help!

Subject: Re: Help!
From: Rob Irwin <rob -at- PROTEL -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:43:02 +1000

> I need to create a help system that consists of several help "books" =
> listed in a sort of Table of Contents or Library. The issue is that the =
> TOC/Library needs to be dynamically updatable and searchable, so that =
> users can download additional modules later. Can I do this with HTMLHelp =
> or NetHelp or Winhelp, or some version of .pdf files?

You can do this with WinHelp4 by using Include: statements in the CNT file
to link to multiple help files. See the HCW help file for more info on this.
I use an authoring tool called HDK from Virtual Media
(http://www.vmtech.com), which has special features for constructing this
type of multiple help file system. I believe Virtual Media also has
something called HyperShelf that lets you create a "virtual bookshelf" that
can be dynamically updated, but I've never used it.

Regards......
Rob Irwin
Protel International

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=