Re: Frame vs Word Results

Subject: Re: Frame vs Word Results
From: Robin Whitmore <r -dot- whitmore -at- INTERSHOP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 18:32:27 +0200

Linda wrote:
<I'm sorry if I have forgotten, but did your survey ask if the
respondent was familiar with both Frame and Word? I believe that might
have an impact on your results. The question comes from reading Frank's
response to using Word for tasks I consider Frame to handle much more
efficiently.>

Linda,

I did not specifically ask if they were familiar with both. I first
asked if they had to make a decision between using the two, and if so
why did they choose what they did? For these responses, I think we can
assume the decision makers did their homework and researched both
programs. (At least the full text of their responses seemed to reflect
this).

The second part of the survey only asked for specific likes and dislikes
of the program currently used, so for these responses it might be true
there is no familiarity with the program not used. I asked this question
to see what drawbacks each program might have.

-Robin

<<application/ms-tnef>>