FrameMaker Chapter Numbering Problem

Subject: FrameMaker Chapter Numbering Problem
From: Kuovonne Vorderbruggen <kvorderbruggen -at- CTES -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 17:13:54 -0500

I was searching the archives to solve a problem
I had with my chapter numbering in FrameMaker.
The numbering for some chapters was incrementing
properly, but was not incrementing properly for
other chapters. Checking that the series labels,
number of counters, and the paragraph numbering
setup for the files didn't fix the problem.

I finally discovered the problem. The first page of the
chapter had a custom master page. The chapter number
appeared on this first page. Somehow the text frame for
this first page was unconnected from the rest of the flow.
I reconnected the text frame to the flow, and voila!
(To check if the text frame is disconnected, look for the
end of flow symbol at the end of the text frame. Or, simply
position the cursor in the text frame and press the down arrow.
If the cursor doesn't advance to the next page, it isn't connected.)

I'm using FrameMaker 5.0, so I don't know if this works
for other versions of FrameMaker.

Why am I posting this? I ran into this problem twice before and
searched the archives both times to find out if anyone else had
this problem. I found that, indeed, someone else had a similar
problem, but I didn't find this particular solution.

-Kuovonne

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=