WebWorks Publisher woes

Subject: WebWorks Publisher woes
From: Chris Lange <clange -at- SDICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:20:58 -0400

Folk,

Our shop is using Quadralay's WebWorks Publisher to generate html files
outta Frame. The guru that set up our template and actually /knows/
something about it has since left which leaves me with the troubleshooting
responsibilties. Across a library of 11 books, I'm seeing some recurring
behavior that I can't explain. The resulting html from WWP appears to omit
some tags (like overlooking a </H3> tag), misplace tags (like not
italicizing the first letter of a book title that has been
crossreferenced), and ignore tags (like not italicizing a cross reference
in one place, but italicizing it in another, even though both were coded in
Frame identically). Am I having problems and if so, on which end would you
suspect first? Is WWP like the scanner's of old, only expected to pick up
95% of what you expect?

tia,

Chris

Chris Lange