Intranet software

Subject: Intranet software
From: Susan Vineyard <vineyard -at- CHEROKEE -dot- NSUOK -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 09:14:18 -0500

Help! I need a good all-round tool to manage/create an organizational
intranet!

I am now in charge of a department-wide, and eventually an
organization-wide, intranet, and I need a good, all-round tool to use to
get control of a chaotic pre-existing site that currently has a little
organization and probably over a thousand documents, many not linked
in. This thing is supposed to grow, so I need a tool that will optimize
my time and allow effective maintenance.

Shopping list of features:

Word processing/text and formatting control of Word (I want to use fonts
and sizes, not font groups)

Some kind of visual site management tool (When someone wants to know
where something is, I'd better be able to tell them.)

HTML editor

Compatibility with doucments published to html in WordPerfect (our
company standard--programmers, etc. will publish to their areas in this
format.)

Compatibility with non-Microsoft network (which, I understands,
eliminates Front Page)

Some kind of link-checking device (do any have this?)

Please help. I need to get this thing under control fast. Thanks for
any advice.

--Susan Vineyard

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=