Re: contract vs. captive

Subject: Re: contract vs. captive
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 16:08:05 -0400

What a coincidence! August 19th was my three months as a captive as well. And
I cannot agreet with you more - the jury is out. I made the decision to do
this because this company is offering me the opportunity to learn a lot of new
skills, as well as an entirely different type of business (retail vs. financial
products). I'm well paid, but still making much less than I was as a
contractor. Plus I have no deductions/exemptions anymore. I hate the commute,
"captive" is a good word - they expect me to be here every day all day.

After almost four years of freedom, lots of work, good money, etc., I feel like
a child again, having to ask permission to leave early, feeling guilty when I'm
late, etc.

Money was a good motivator as well - now that I'm a wage slave I don't feel as
"driven" as I used to. I have to constantly remind myself of my reasons for
making this decision, and make a serious effort to stay committed to my long
term goals/objectives.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=