Re: Installing Winword 7 and 8 on the same machine

Subject: Re: Installing Winword 7 and 8 on the same machine
From: Alex Dianna <AADiann -at- ACCUSORT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 13:26:56 EST5EDT

Hello Reinhard,

I use both versions on the same machine all day long... There
are some quirks you should be aware of prior to installing and using
both. Specifically, there are some known bugs you may encounter if
for some reason you are planning to use both versions to work on the
same file. For example, graphics can 'magically' change size or even
disappear, leaving big red Xs all over your docs. Also,
autonumbering can become a total nightmare.

See this summary (compiled by a fellow Techwr-L list member) for more
information:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/8836/offices.htm

Also, to receive more info about this from Microsoft, send a message
to: MSHELP -at- microsoft -dot- com with the subject: Q167985

Good luck,
Alex
(p.s. here's a "screwy .dll" prevention tip: Install Office 95
apps FIRST, then add Office 97 apps)

Reinhard Jaehnig <jaehnig_reinhard_rej-d -at- BETASYSTEMS -dot- COM> asked:

> Does anyone out there know whether you keep installations
> of Winword 7 and Winword 8 (office 97) on the same PC ?
> Is there anything special I have to take into account ?
>
> TIA
> Reinhard
> (rej-d -at- betasystems -dot- com)

Alex Dianna