Re: Getting Started Manual

Subject: Re: Getting Started Manual
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:09:19 -0700

Your proposed contents includes a lot about the UI, and very little
about how to perform Internet banking tasks. Users of the product just
want to know how to perform their basic tasks, as I imagine it that
would be seeing what their balance is, transferring funds from one
account to another, and so forth. I would give the procedures for the
most common tasks, then point them to the help. I might also provide an
overview of the other tasks they can perform.

Since it's a banking application, the users are going to be nervous.
This is their money at stake, after all. Do all you can to ensure them
that they are doing the right thing.

- Scott Miller
smiller -at- portal -dot- com

> I think a Getting Started manual should contain information about the
> following:
> Logging On
> Logging Off
> Screen Components
> Navigation
> How to use the online help provided
> Overview information of the system components.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=