Re: Don't Get Mad at me for this

Subject: Re: Don't Get Mad at me for this
From: "Marie C. Paretti" <mparetti -at- RRINC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:33:04 -0400

At 09:01 PM 9/11/98 -0700, Kevin wrote:
>I feel the same way. There are a number of tools that we
>routinely use in the course of our work as writers, and I think that
>we should be reluctant to bring technical problems here even for
>those, let alone others. There are better sources, I think, for
>technical support.

For what it's worth, my take on this is that Eric Ray (the list owner) does
a fantastic job of keeping us on track and handling off-topic posts --
usually by first going to the poster privately. And because he works hard
to maintain this list as a useful resource (believe me, I'm on some where
the listowner takes nowhere near this much responsibility, and the quality
of the list suffers), I'd suggest directing comments about the content to
Eric directly. I've always found him responsive to suggestions from
list-members and willing to solicit feedback when necessary. That way,
complaints, compliments, and concerns can be dealt with efficiently
off-list rather by having all 4000 of us try to decide what we do and don't
want.

Marie

Marie C. Paretti, PhD
Recognition Research, Inc. (RRI)