Re: Usability: 2ndary windows in browsers

Subject: Re: Usability: 2ndary windows in browsers
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:47:51 -0700

I'm constructing a fairly complex website with nightmare "trees." I see
these pop-up windows and pull-down menus as one way to avoid either
cluttering a single page up with way too much information or having
people lose track of where they are in a series of links because each
level is on a separate page.

And they don't pop-up if you don't activate them ;+).

BJ

Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" ) wrote:

..........I can say with some
> authority that an audience of one (me) generally finds them intensely
> annoying.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=