Re: HTML Indexer (WAS: FAQ document)

Subject: Re: HTML Indexer (WAS: FAQ document)
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:42:29 -0700

Scott Miller wrote:

> Verrrrry sneaky, the way you slip in a link to your product.

:) Hey, she asked for an example!

> has anyone else on the list heard of any commercially available
> HTML indexers?

It was the lack of tools that prompted us to develop HTML Indexer.

I've seen one product that builds a concordance (an alphabetized list of
all the words on your web site with pointers to all the places they
occur), and another that builds a list of filenames and TITLE tags (so
you can't create your own index entries, multiple entries for one file,
or entries that point to named anchors within files).

I was looking for a tool that would help me create (and maintain!) a
"back of the book"-style index, and that didn't require the reader to
have ActiveX, Java, or plug-ins.

--David

David M. Brown -- Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
http://www.brown-inc.com/
See our web site for news about HTML Indexer, the easiest way to
create and maintain indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=