Bibliophiles

Subject: Bibliophiles
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:33:41 +0100

This may be of interest to the bibliophiles out there. The ISTC (UK)
celebrated its 50th anniversary this year and has re-published a book (out
of print since 1973) by the Prof. Reginal Kapp - The Presentation of
Technical Information - first published in 1948. Prof Kapp was responsible
for pulling together the various TW organisations into the ISTC. Apart
from celebrating the 50th year of the ISTC it was thought that it showed
that the concern for standards in TW is not a new phenomenon.

Prof. Tom Warren (OK Stare University and STC president?) thanks the ISTC
for "making this classic work available again"

I've only just started to read it and have, so far, found it excellent. If
anyone is interested, more info from the ISTC (or me):

Tel: +44 (0) 1462 486835
Fax: +44 (0) 1462 483480
email: istc -at- istc -dot- org -dot- uk

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=