Converting Graphics from Frame to HTML with WWP

Subject: Converting Graphics from Frame to HTML with WWP
From: Gail Gurman <gail -at- HOMEMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:29:33 -0700

I use WebWorks Publisher to convert Frame docs to HTML. My docs
contain many screenshots (in TIFF format) taken with SnagIt. I
import them by reference at 150dpi.

When WWP converts them, they look best at 150dpi, but they are
often too big for a typical web page. (By "typical," I mean that it
seems like a good size to me.) If I have WWP convert them at a
different dpi (e.g., 100), the graphics shrink but they are hard to
read.

As I see it, there are three points in the process that are variable:

* Capturing with SnagIt
* Importing into FrameMaker
* Converting with WebWorks Publisher

Is there a method for getting optimum resolution out of converted
graphics?

Thanks in advance!

--
Gail Gurman http://www.ncal.verio.com/~gailg/