Re: Teaching without seeming to teach!

Subject: Re: Teaching without seeming to teach!
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <george -at- GHAYHOE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:09:04 -0400

concepts, Geoff Hart suggested wizards. I agree that wizards
are an effective way to help users perform tasks, but the
wizard implementations I've seen don't really teach people
how to perform the task without the wizard's help.

Further, a wizard doesn't teach the underlying concept; it
just steps the user through the task.

But I think this is a good start. Is there a conceptual
equivalent to the procedural wizard?

--George Hayhoe (george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: +1 (803) 642-2156
Fax: +1 (803) 642-9325
http://www.ghayhoe.com

Winner
APEX '98 Award for Publication Excellence

Best of Show Winner
Carolina Foothills/South Carolina STC Chapters
1997-98 Technical Publications Competition

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=