Re: Linking online doc to an intranet

Subject: Re: Linking online doc to an intranet
From: Terry Dickerson <Terry -dot- Dickerson -at- MINARIKCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:46:05 -0700

Cheryle wrote:

<<Jim,

> I'm on my company's Intranet team and as far as I know, it is up
> to the user to configure their own browser to launch this
> application or that application. We've got a help page on our Intranet
> telling our users how to do this with Netscape.
>
> If there really is a way to embed something in the code to
> launch the associated app, I'm all ears!
>
> Cheryle>>

Absolutely right. The phrase I use on our intranet is something
like this:

"If you want to see file XYZ, click here (hyperlink to file
XYZ). If you don't have application ABC to view file XYZ, click here
(hyperlink to location of app ABC) to download. Refer to the Technical
Support page (hyperlink to Technical Support page) for info on
installing and using application ABC."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=