Re: Y2K or Y2k?? [Was SUMMARY: Y2K compliance - how to inform users]

Subject: Re: Y2K or Y2k?? [Was SUMMARY: Y2K compliance - how to inform users]
From: Linda Sherman <linsherm -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:53:04 -0400

Jack Bybee wrote:

> I had written the acronym Y2K with an uppercase K until I saw a
> discussion on <Year2000software> which maintained it was a lowercase k.
> Does anyone know? Year 2000 Bug - Y2K or Y2k ?

IMO both "Y2K" AND "Y2k" are as clear-cut a case of unnecessary use of
pseudo-hip obfuscation as there ever was.

Can somebody explain to me what is wrong with "Year 2000"? Is there a
toner shortage?

Also, there is no such thing as "The Year 2000 Bug", singular. There are
many possible bugs related to processing of years 2000 and higher.

L.
--
Linda K. Sherman <linsherm -at- gte -dot- net>
Freelance Writer: Technical - Business - Government

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=