Undo the Bluuues

Subject: Undo the Bluuues
From: Miki Magyar <MDM0857 -at- MCDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 14:07:11 -0600

Bored with your dull routine? Can't remember what you used to get excited about? New toys seem like a chore, not a challenge? Try the sure-fire cure - teach! I gor-an-tee (as Pogo used to say) that if you take on an 'Intro to Tech Writing' or similar class, you'll get a re-charge. Or, you'll realize you're in the wrong field.

I'm a wage slave in a cube, documenting stuff I care zilch about, working with very nice people in a totally chaotic and crazed marketeering environment. That occasional classroom hit keeps me in touch with the joy of it all, and gives me the larger perspective to realize that, as many have pointed out, it could be a LOT worse.

Try it. Let us know how it works. And your students will thank you. There's nothing better for the profession than to have it taught by practicing professionals.

pax -
Miki
mikim -at- mcdata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000