Intranet analysis tool sought

Subject: Intranet analysis tool sought
From: John Cornellier <cornelli -at- CLAMART -dot- SRPC -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:36:17 +0200

Greetings,

Background: I have inherited an enormous intranet (5500 files / 100MB) which
has grown up amorphously over the years, rather like a coral reef.

Up to now it has been managed on an ad hoc basis by a number of different
parties, & I now want to [re]structure it. I haven't yet used a site
management software such as FrontPage. I have a license for this software,
but I'm having trouble setting it up because the server is UNIX. FP wants to
"import" the site in order to set up the "website". It took 4 hours to
import 300MB, and one it had done that my PC (P120 / 64MB) was unable to do
what I wanted (analyze links, etc..).

So am I barking up the wrong tree? Does anyone know of a quick website
analysis tool which will enable me to figure out what's going on with a
minimal investment in time / money / learning? I don't need help with FTP
and writing the HTML, or even updating things at this point, just an
analysis.

Any advice most gratefuly received by
John Cornellier
tech writer, Paris
mailto:cornelli -at- clamart -dot- srpc -dot- slb -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=