Techwriter and designer?

Subject: Techwriter and designer?
From: "Hartfield Adam (Lud)" <adam -dot- hartfield -at- DEV -dot- ARTIOSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 06:53:35 -0700

Writes Pierre Roberge <PRoberge -at- FAMICTECH -dot- COM>:

> Hi all.
>I have a quick question for you. How many of you have a say on the
>functionality and/or the design of the interface, as a techwriter?

I do. Way back, when my company was experimenting with the Microsoft
Solutions Framework, I was appointed a member of the User Education team,
and ever since then I've been the designated UI policeman. It's not a job I
particularly enjoy as none of our programmers adhere to the same set of
standards.

--Adam
adam -dot- hartfield -at- dev -dot- artioslink -dot- com
Design Automation Group Documentation Manager, Artios Corporation, Ludlow,
MA

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=