Re: Not even Newbe, Wantabe (long response-Instalment 2)

Subject: Re: Not even Newbe, Wantabe (long response-Instalment 2)
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 08:53:32 -0500

OLE2View

OLE is a technology "Object Linking and Embedding) that implements
the
inclusion of documents produced in one application inside documents
produced in another application. OLE2 is the second, enhanced,
version
of the technology. OLE2View is, I assume, a program used to view
OLE2-compatible documents. If I'm assuming incorrectly, we'll know
soon
enough.

Well, yes and no. OLE2View is an object browser from MicroSoft. It
displays the automation layers contained in typelibraries, OCXs, DLLs, and
so forth. I don't know about "2" signifying a second generation. I believe
it was used in this application name to substitute for "to" so that the
application name fits in the 8.3 format.

Mike

Michael Wing (mailto:mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com)
Staff Writer
Intergraph Corporation; Huntsville, Alabama
http://www.intergraph.com/software/geomedia/default.asp

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=