Re: Not even Newbe, Wantabe (long response-Instalment 1)

Subject: Re: Not even Newbe, Wantabe (long response-Instalment 1)
From: Mike Starr <mike -dot- starr -at- PLATINUM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:46:14 -0500

IRQ - Interrupt Request. This is one of the wires (pins) on a microprocessor.
This is a binary input to the microprocessor which means that there will either
be 0 volts or 5 volts applied to that pin. My memory fails me at this point as
to which is which, but in one state, the system is requesting attention from
the microprocessor; saying, in essence, "Interrupt what you're doing and pay
attention, I've got something I want you to do".

KLINKS - markers in the base text file (Rich Text Format) used by authors of
Windows Help files; I believe they represent keywords for individual topics. I
believe there's also a help authoring context to the term ALINK, too, but the
help authoring tool I use doesn't make me learn that level of minutia.

SR-2 - Probably referred to Service Release 2 of Microsoft Office.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=