Q: kHz or KHz?

Subject: Q: kHz or KHz?
From: Dave Neufeld <Dave_Neufeld -at- SPECTRUMSIGNAL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 13:52:55 -0700

Hi all,

This is for an in-house marketing style guide.

Which is "more" correct: kHz or KHz? My preference is kHz. The MS Style
Guide (copyright 1995, not the latest 3rd edition) contradicts itself. Sun's
Read Me First! says kHz in its list of abbreviations (why is that such a
long word? <g>).

Let the opinions roll!

FYI; Did a search on buses vs. busses last week. Several online dictionaries
gave the impression that both were quite correct. Then I did a Deja News
search on both occurrences. The result? Busses had about 4500 hits, while
buses had 140,000 hits. Buses won.

David Neufeld
Technical Publications
Spectrum Signal Processing, Inc.
dave_neufeld -at- spectrumsignal -dot- com
http:\\www.spectrumsignal.com
"no matter where you go..... there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=