Re: HELP: Scuba-diving terms

Subject: Re: HELP: Scuba-diving terms
From: David Chisma <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 18:08:01 +1000

Hi Robert,

I'm a diver and did a stint as a journalist for some diving magazines
(Canada and Australia).

I suggest you use:

'wreck' for an accidental sinking
'artificial reef' for intentional sinking
'outer reef' for outer reef passage
'drift dive' for current canal
'parasailing' is OK
Bodu Huraa is probably linked by a 'causeway'.
Divers usually set off to scuba dive from a 'dock' or 'landing' (etc.)
and dive at a 'dive site'.
And these places where you go to dive are called 'dive destinations'.

You might want to check the Lonely Planet website
http://sun.jic.com/new/flone.html for more information and to see how
other terms are used.

Cheers, Dave Chisma
chisma -at- c031 -dot- aone -dot- net -dot- au
Melbourne, Australia

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=