Re: Centralized vs. Decentralized tech writers

Subject: Re: Centralized vs. Decentralized tech writers
From: Heather Ross <Heather -dot- Louise -dot- Ross -at- THEMUTUALGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:40:33 -0500

Katav wrote:
---------------snip
The flip side is that "dedicated-to-a-group" TWs probably know their
subject area better than "just any ol' TW" and having a "captive" TW
means managers don't have to consider other departments when juggling
"their" TWs' time.
---------------snip

OK, what about a centralized TW department that houses groups dedicated to
each area?
If we had a tech writing department that had groups of, say, five people
each (or as needed) for different areas of the company? Then the different
groups would gain some subject experience. Any thoughts? Then we would be
grouped for consistency in style and for hiring/evaluating, and support,
but would still be somewhat dedicated to certain areas of the department.
Would that work? - Heather

---Heather Ross <Heather -dot- Louise -dot- Ross -at- THEMUTUALGROUP -dot- COM> wrote:

Currently, the tech writers here are scattered around.
:
> The group of TWs here is currently looking at the benefits/drawbacks
of
> organizing ourselves into one Technical Communications department.
I'd be

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=