Re: Presentation software

Subject: Re: Presentation software
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 18:30:20 -0400

I am sure there are more advanced packages out there, technologically. But
PowerPoint is the ad-nauseum de-facto standard. Your students will be doing
PowerPoints when they get jobs.

But, as others have pointed out, a University should be teaching what to do
with the tools, not just how to use the tools.

PLEASE teach them not to use moving windows that contain video. If they must
have moving windows with video, limit it to one window or have all the
windows move the same straight, linear way.

There is so much bad PowerPoint out there, and people have to sit through
it...

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

> Recently, a colleague was told by a local
> headhunter that the students should also be learning and have
> access to
> Harvard Business Graphics, and that teaching them to use
> Powerpoint was
> behind the times.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=