CVS For Documentation

Subject: CVS For Documentation
From: Linda Castellani <linda -at- GRIC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:20:35 -0700

Hello All -

We've been discussing using CVS to store and track our documents, including
manuals and training materials. Our developers use it, and the current
thought is that we would use it to store final documents with the source
code, as well as check our documents in as we write them.

I'm having a little trouble understanding the benefit of using this, and I
wondering if any of you have experience with using this particular product.
(I did attempt to search the archives, but it told me to come back later.)
If you do have experience with using CVS for documentation (not just
opinions about it %^) ), I would greatly appreciate hearing about the
benefits as well as any caveats, so I can be armed with this information at
our meeting next week.

My thanks in advance!

Linda

==========================
Obligatory quote:

"I'm not always under stress. Sometimes I'm just a carrier."
- my boyfriend, Mike

Linda Castellani
Technical Writer
GRIC Communications, Inc.