Re: Chinese Language and Windows Software

Subject: Re: Chinese Language and Windows Software
From: Larissa Neumann <neumannl -at- DSCLTD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:15:08 -0400

Hi!

A co-worker does some layout work in Chinese. She uses software called
Trimbridge v4.0. The software comes with fonts for both Traditional and
Simplified Chinese.

She has it on a separate computer than her other English software,
because working in Chinese is a bit slower and the software is more
sensitive.
With this software, you can use the keyboard to input Chinese
characters, but if you can write in Chinese, it may be easier to use a
digital pen and tablet (she uses something called a GoGo pen, but other
pens may also work).

Some cautions: The computer where Trimbridge is installed has the
original version of Windows 95. Apparently "updated" or "fixed" versions
don't work as well. We don't have Windows 98, so I don't know how it
would work on that system.

My co-worker is able to use the Chinese with CorelDraw 6.0 and 7.0 and
with PageMaker v6.5. She hasn't tried it with FrameMaker.

Hope this helps.

Larissa Neumann
Technical Writer
DSC Ltd.