Hyphenation dictionaries, British, American, and others

Subject: Hyphenation dictionaries, British, American, and others
From: "D. Margulis" <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 07:56:02 -0400

The following URLs are from two posts that showed up in
NNTP://comp.text.desktop this morning, a propos the current thread about
hyphenation and yesterday's thread about international technical
dictionaries.

The first is a link to the WORDLISTS Home Page, which is a FAQ that
seems at a cursory glance to be useful for people interested in lexicon
issues in general. It has a link to the HYPHENATION home page, as well.

http://www.win-uk.net/~hyphen/wordlist.html

The second is a plug from the same person flogging software that
allegedly handles hyphenation in fifty languages (whether strictly
algorithmically or in conjunction with the wordlists, I don't know. I
have not investigated.)

http://www.win-uk.net/~hyphen

I'm just passing this information on because it seems to be pertinent to
the discussion. I don't vouch for the quality of the information on
either page.

Dick

C'mon! Doesn't anyone out there know a software developer who's looking
for a great opportunity? Send me those resumes, folks.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=