Re: QUERY: Can reviewer/editor BECOME a CO-AUTHOR of a technical book?

Subject: Re: QUERY: Can reviewer/editor BECOME a CO-AUTHOR of a technical book?
From: Richard Mateosian <xrm -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 11:38:11 -0700

>In what situation (if ever) can an editor or reviewer (or all
>in one) become a co-author of a technical book in progress???

This happened to me once -- not with a book, but with an article in
an in-house technical journal. I was contracting with a computer
company to help three authors with a series of articles on a new
system. One of the authors dropped the ball. I did most of the work
and became the "co-author." ...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net> www.cyberpass.net/~srm/
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

© Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.