Re: The Alphabet vs the Goddess

Subject: Re: The Alphabet vs the Goddess
From: "William G. Meisheid" <wgm -at- SAGELINE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 05:59:37 -0400

>I've seen a huge increase in the amount and role of visual content since I've
been reading and writing technical documents. Is this just because our tools are
better, or is our audience changing as well?

I think two things are always in play: tools and technique. As tools make it
easier, people experiment and build on each other's technique. I think the move
toward the visual is related to the visual medium of the computer and the switch
to online information (tools) and things like the web increase experimentation
and sharing which help push forward the expression base (technique).

Hopefully the combination of tools and technique sometimes leads to real art and
in our case, quality information presentation.

Just some thoughts from the rim.

William Meisheid "Thoughts still and always in progress"
WUGNET/Help Authoring Forum Sysop & Microsoft MVP
Certified Baltimore/Washington area RoboHELP Training
Sageline Publishing 410.465.2040 Fax: 410.465.1812
http://www.sageline.com wgm -at- sageline -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=