Textbook Question

Subject: Textbook Question
From: Garret Romaine <garret -dot- h -dot- romaine -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 15:49:51 -0700

I've been (t)asked to teach a graduate-level course on Computer Hardware and
Software Documentation winter term. I'd welcome any suggestions from the
list on potential textbooks. Here are the two I'm leaning toward:

1) "Designing and Writing Online Documentation - Hypermedia for
Self-Supporting Products" by William Horton.
2nd edition was published in 1994.

2) "How to Communicate Technical Information - A Handbook of Software and
Hardare Documentation" by Jonathan Price and Henry Korman.
1st Edition was published in 1993.

If anyone knows of more recent editions, or even better books, I would
welcome the inputs. I hate to load up the students with more than two books,
however.

Garret Romaine
garret -dot- h -dot- romaine -at- tek -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=