Status Bar Help

Subject: Status Bar Help
From: "Cressey, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Cressey -at- LIBERTYMUTUAL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:28:04 -0400

I have a sticky problem! I am writing the help for an application being
created in Forte'. The application contains data entry fields that have
been assigned very specific valid values. I was going to use What's
This? Help and display the valid values in a popup, but according to the
development team, Forte' does not support What's This? Help without a
lot of extra work therefore this will not be an option for me.

Another developer within the company suggested expanding the use of the
Status Bar and show the valid values there, but the development team is
crying because it does not comply with Microsoft guidelines for status
bar help.

Has anyone ever expanded the use of the Status Bar or have any
suggestions?

Thank you!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=