HELP - Word97 footer problem

Subject: HELP - Word97 footer problem
From: Kate Kane <KGKANE -at- ACCUSORT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 10:43:22 EST5EDT

Hello -
I am working on a proposal due today (of course) which suddenly has
developed a problem in the footer -- at least I think it's the
footer.

A line has appeared across the bottom of every page. I cannot select
the line. I did not put the line there. It is in every section, even
though footers are different.

I copied the entire document into a new document, selected all,
deleted all, and was left with the header and footer, including the
mystery line.

My workaround will be to put a white box on top of the line, but does
anyone know how I might be able to get rid of the line instead?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Kate Kane

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=