Re: Typing French or other accents

Subject: Re: Typing French or other accents
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 15:28:29 -0400

Greetings!

> While I know there are ASCII techniques and all for typing in
> French accents,
> what happens for those of you typing from France? Do you simply

I ain't from France, but hopefully New France (Québec) will do!

When I'm working on multi-lingual documents (French and English), I usually
add a new Keyboard profile in the Keyboard Properties in the Control Panel.
I fix it so that I can switch between languages by pressing [Alt][Shift] and
remember where the accented letters are on the new keyboard.

However, this doesn't always work right in email, as you may or may not see
in my attempt to write Québec with the proper accent. But it's usually less
important in email that I get the accents right.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey
jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

Lone Writer at Farabi Technology Corp.
Montreal, Quebec

They say the pen is mighter than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
---

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=