Re: HTML Help and the Browser

Subject: Re: HTML Help and the Browser
From: "William G. Meisheid" <wgm -at- SAGELINE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:24:56 -0400

|Hello. My group is looking into moving to HTML help (java based, not
|Active X) to be delivered from within an Oracle-based application. The
|problem is that our customers do not all have their web browsers located
|in the same place and so the application's call to the browser would
|cause problems. We cannot have the application hanging up, or require
|the customer to do extra configuration or preference setting.

If you are calling the HTML help by using a url the location of the browser
should be irrelevant since the installation of the browser within Windows
associates it with the HTML/HTM extensions. Just calling a specific file will
launch the browser.

I hope that helps.

William Meisheid "Thoughts still and always in progress"
WUGNET/Help Authoring Forum Sysop & Microsoft MVP
Certified Baltimore/Washington area RoboHELP Training
Sageline Publishing 410.465.2040 Fax: 410.465.1812
http://www.sageline.com wgm -at- sageline -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=