Re: FWD: Request Info on Relocating to Silicon Valley

Subject: Re: FWD: Request Info on Relocating to Silicon Valley
From: "Robyn M. Nace" <robyn -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 14:01:00 -0700

The one major thing that I would say - see an apartment before you rent
it. I know that sounds common sense, but because the housing market is
so tight and expensive, if an apartment is actually available, you may
be pressured into renting before you even look at it! This happened to
me, because I was house hunting cross country. The complex had only one
apartment available for the forseeable future, and I hadn't found *any*
other vacancies that matched my move in date. So I took it. I had to
move four months later.

You may be able to get relocation, especially from bigger companies.
There's this vacuum of talent here - people are always changing jobs and
new jobs are being created, so it seems as though companies can't find
enough people, tech writers included.

If you'd like, I can give you some URLs to look at for housing, and give
you an idea of the area.

Good luck!

--
-robyn